Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Backpacking Part II

I can't believe I'm coming home in a week and a half! Time has absolutely flown, and it's so weird to even imagine being back in the U.S. so soon. It's finally starting to hit me though... This morning I had to say a final goodbye to my host family in Shanzu, which was harder than I ever would have imagined a few months ago. It's so weird to count down the days....

Kari's here though and we're now off on the second part of our month-long adventure! After spending a couple days on the coast near Mombasa, we took a bus down to Dar Es Salaam this morning to check out more of Tanzania. We'll spend the day exploring the city tomorrow, and then head to Zanzibar for two days of beach and relaxation. On our way back to Nairobi we're planning to stop and camp in Arusha, Tanzania for a couple nights, near Mount Kilimanjaro. It's supposed to be absolutely beautiful. Then we'll have a night or two in Nairobi before we say our final goodbyes to the people, country, region, and continent we've come to love so much... It's so hard to imagine.

Well, that's it for now... I'll be back in the U.S. in just 10 days!

2 comments:

  1. Well, B. It sounds like you are going to have a terrific "grand finale" of your adventure.

    Enjoy, savor, and tuck away safely those great stories for all of us who will be excitedly awaiting their telling.

    10, 9.......

    Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on near finishing an awesome experience. I wish I was going to be back home when you get back, but I guess I'll have to wait until Mo's wedding. Good luck with wrapping it all up!

    Sean

    ReplyDelete